The Sexiest Blog Alive

Pop Culture | Movies | Celebs | TV | Video Games | Comics | Toys | Gossip | Snark

** WE'VE MOVED TO TUMBLR! **
Visit the new Tumblr blog at HandsInTheAir.net

Monday, May 01, 2006

License to Ill

So you may or may not have known that there's a new James Bond. I know, you're probably wondering what was wrong with the old one, but apparently Pierce Brosnan looks a little too aged (we're supposed to forget that Roger Moore played the role quite solidly until he was like 112). So what did the producers do? They cast The Mummy.



Seriously, while I'm sure that Daniel Craig is a fine actor, to call him "youthful" or "attractive" would be a stretch. That wouldn't be such a big deal except for the fact that he's supposed to be James frickin' Bond not Count Dracula. Oh, and did I mention that this is an origin story? If this is a young, spry James Bond at the beginning of his Double-0 career, what precisely will he look like as the veteran agent we've come to know and love? My guess is it'll take a few well-shaken (not stirred), vodka martinis before anyone will be able to recognize our favorite British Secret Agent.

1 comment:

Jo Bling said...

Yeah, but George Lazenby was a pretty craggy lookin' fella too as I recall. Face like a bag of hammers, as my old Ma would say! I still reckon he was a top Bond, just a shame he didn't get more of a run at it...