The Sexiest Blog Alive

Pop Culture | Movies | Celebs | TV | Video Games | Comics | Toys | Gossip | Snark

** WE'VE MOVED TO TUMBLR! **
Visit the new Tumblr blog at HandsInTheAir.net

Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Not-So-Many Faces of Matthew McConaughey

Now I enjoy a good Matthew McConaughey movie as much as the next guy (when I actually see one, I'll give you a call). I've seen U-571. I've seen Reign of Fire. Hell, I've even seen Contact. I wouldn't say that I'm a "fan" per se, but he doesn't drive me screaming from a movie theater. I also like to support a guy who is capable of shenanigans like these.

So I will try not to blame Mr. McConaughey, who is clearly just in need of a paycheck, for starring in his various "rom-coms" like The Wedding Planner, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and his latest, Failure to Launch. Now, not only are all of the films shitty--no, I haven't seen FtL, but I am willing to go out on a limb and say that it's a dismal failure of a film--and co-starring some really unappealing actresses, but they can't even think of a different picture of the guy for the movie posters. I present to you, the evidence:



See? Same goddamn stupid-ass pose! Can't they think of some other way to communicate that it's a shitty romantic comedy starring Matthew McConaughey and some blonde who looks like Skeletor? I've grown to accept the undeniable plague of unoriginality in the films themselves, but when it actually spreads to the movie posters, that is taking it too far.

The good news? Both of these films give you fair warning by incorporating words like "lose" and "failure" in their titles. At least the people naming these pieces of crap still have a sense of decency. Personally, I'm waiting for McConaughey's next romantic comedy sure to be titled Phoning it In.

No comments: